1. Never give an interviewee questions in advance.
2. Be on time.
3. Always check that your equipment is working.
4. Treat the interviewee with respect.
5. Take control of the location.
6. Remember that you’re not the centre of attention.
7. Make sure you do your research.
8. Ask the most important question first.
9. Just a conversation.
10. Try to avoid looking at your notes.
11. Maintain eye contact at all times.
12. Ask 3-4 big questions.
13. Who, what, where, when, why, how.
14. Shorter questions are the best.
15. Be sure of the facts.
16. Listen to the interviewee.
17. Don’t let the interviewee re-answer a question.
18. Be polite. Say thank you.
19. Make sure the interview has been recorded.
20. Don’t take the answers out of context.
Concise, clear and correct- want to be understood. Write in plain English.